How High School GPA is Calculated

January 20, 2022
Your grade point average (GPA) is the sum of all your final grades throughout your high school career divided by the total number of courses. Most high schools (and colleges) report grades on a 4.0 scale. Each letter grade (A,B,C,D, & F) has a numerical value assigned to it based on the 4.0 scale that […]

What are Alternative High Schools?

January 20, 2022
The Arizona Department of Education’s definition of “alternative high school” is a school whose sole and clearly-stated mission is to serve specific populations of at-risk students. This is a broad definition, and, because of that, alternative high school status must be applied for and approved by the Department of Education. Common features of many alternative […]

How to Help Your Student Get A’s On Their Next Report Card

December 22, 2021
As a parent, you want to help your student succeed in any way possible. Whether it’s encouraging healthy habits or actually helping them study, you want to be there for your child as much as you can so they can succeed and have the best school experience possible. These tips are a few great ways […]

Should You Send Your Kids To Private School?

November 18, 2021
Considering sending your children to private school is a big undertaking for you as a parent. There are a few things you have to take into consideration such as what school would be right for your child as well as whether or not the tuition is in your budget. But there’s a reason why so […]

Dropping Out of School Causes, Consequences, and Solutions

November 3, 2021
Roughly, a staggering one million students drop out each year, and nearly half of all African Americans, Hispanics, and Native Americans fail to graduate. Dropping out of school can have severe consequences for students both immediately and far into their futures. 86% of high school students graduate, according to the national average. The other 14% […]

ROSE Academies’ Video Blog – OCT 2021: Our Established In-Person & Online Schooling Hybrid Program

October 21, 2021
Rose Academies offers a different approach to in-person learning and online schooling, especially during Covid-19. Flexible schedules are available, and an established proven curriculum. Please click on this video blog to learn additional information.

What Are the Alternatives to Traditional High Schools?

October 21, 2021
In case no one has told you, you have choices when it comes to your student’s high school education! Whether you’re worried your local public school isn’t up to par, or noticing that your student isn’t thriving in that environment as well as you’d hoped, we’re here to help provide the alternative you’ve been searching […]

Online Classes vs In-Person High Schools

October 21, 2021
Between in-person or online class options, which is the best for your student in terms of safety, consistency, focus, and education? This article will help answer this question by comparing both online and in-person high schools. For nearly two years, the COVID-19 pandemic certainly has brought this question to a head. We’ve now learned that […]

Why Do So Many Parents Send Their Kids to Charter Schools?

October 18, 2021
As a parent, one of the most critical decisions you will make for your child is choosing a high school. High school is the established gateway to higher education. Many parents are making the decision to send their kids to a charter high school in preparation for college. What Is a Charter School? A charter […]

Three Facts You Didn’t Know About Charter Schools

September 21, 2021
Across the United States, students are getting ready for school. What you may not know is that, according to the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), more than 2.8 million students attended charter schools in 2015–16, accounting for 6% of all public school students. Charter school enrollment has only grown since then, with 3.3 million […]